Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Maxi Skirt @ Work


Yesterday after work I caved and did a little shopping for some fall updates to my wardrobe.  I was really on the lookout for a new blazer - as my new rule is that new additions to my (already overflowing) closet must be practical both for my work life and my days off.  If they don't fit the bill, they don't fit my life.

Now that I work in a highly professional (read: suits, or minimum suit separates) every day, the jeans, and even khakis of my former life have been all but forgotten at the back of my closet.  As a woman who once thought I would die without my denim, it's interesting that I really don't mind.


While suits make me feel more professional and put-together at work, its still important to mix it up every once in a while.  That's why I was so psyched to find this maxi skirt at Forever 21 last night - so psyched, that I had to wear it to work today!  While the skirt below isn't an exact match, its pretty close (and looks a bit nicer in the Polyvlore set.)
Maxi Skirt @ Work
As someone who previously thought maxi-skirts would overwhelm my 5'4" frame, I realized its all about shape and proportion. Since this skirt comes right to my ankles, it doesn't cut off my legs awkwardly, and pumpkin color is bright without being overwhelming (and still appropriate). I knew that this piece could go well for days off and fall brunches, but had no idea it would be such a hit with the office. Stay tuned for how I wear it next (hint: lace tee and a jean jacket for a Halloween excursion to an NC pumpkin patch!)



No comments:

Post a Comment