Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Into the Swing of Things

Some people do well flying by the seat of their pants all the time, but for me, routines are important.  It's generally hard for me to incorporate something new into my life (i.e. starting a blog) and make it a part of everyday, and nearly impossible when life seems to keep getting in the way.  No matter - here I am, back in the swing of things, and into a new routine.

The weather is changing here in the District; its currently 69 and raining, a cool front is coming in.  This fall has been seemingly rainy, and my poor knees have been feeling it.  For being 26, I swear I have the joints of someone at least 62!
But with the rain and achy joints, the change of season brings great and glorious things - the return of jackets and proper scarves, pumpkin baked goods (and pumpkin spiced lattes!), boots, soups, heavy blankets on the bed, and beautiful changing leaves.

I have always loved fall - Halloween, my birthday, Thanksgiving - so many good times and warm memories are packed into this short season.  The light seems to be just right, and the air is crisp, fall is a welcome relief after the stifling summers of D.C. and the oppressive heat of my childhood in Texas. The change in seasons is a good time to change up my routine, to re-imagine the norm, and to make some edits to your life (and wardrobe!).  Time to not only get back into the swing of things, but to get into something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment