Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Back to life... Back to reality

I always have a hard time getting back into the swing of things after travelling.  Whether for work or play, it normally takes me about 1-2 weeks to totally unpack my bags and settle back into the routine of work/laundry/gym/etc.  Maybe I just like to remain in denial about the return to the real work for as long as possible.

Post-race bananas at the Washington Monument
c/o Bob Burgess and Credit Union Cherry Blossom
My two weeks in Peru were AMAZING.  I honestly hadn't given Peru much thought outside of Machu Picchu, but I'm so glad we spent extra time in Cusco and Lima.  Each of our experiences, from exploring Cusco city, hiking the Inca Trail, visiting the Machu Picchu ruins, and tasting the cuisine of Lima is truly deserving of its own post and dedicated reflection.

For now its back to the grind and training for the Cherry Blossom 10 Miler on April 7.  Last year Cherry Blossom was the first long(ish) distance race I ever did, and it was such an amazing experience to run it with my dad, Mr. Lincoln, and a new friend who since has become one of my closest. Getting back into a training routine has really helped me get back to the swing of things in my personal and social live, and I'm really grateful to have great friends by my side the whole way!

No comments:

Post a Comment