Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Weekday Holiday!

I live in D.C., so odds are I'm either I work for the federal government or an attorney, and in my case both.  Working for the fed means federal holidays (YAY!) but the timing of the 4th seems odd this year... I can't remember the last time we had a holiday totally in the middle of the week all by its lonesome.

I was initially a bit disappointed - What No Three Day Weekend?! - until I realized that it essentially meant TWO two day weeks!  Now this might actually be a proposal I could get behind.  It's always either Monday or Friday - none of those dull Tuesdays or dreary Wednesdays.  Unlike when they proposed Year Round School when I was a kid, I'm now increasingly in favor of shorter, more frequent breaks (anyone else miss nap time?).

washingtonpost.com
Photo: Kevin Ambrose via Washington Post
I'm looking forward to tomorrow - Mr. Lincoln and I will be heading over to some friends to watch the fireworks from a friends roof deck, and we are making a boozy watermelon to beat the heat!  I've never actually been in D.C. for the 4th of July, normally taking advantage of the long weekend to visit family, so I'm pretty excited for this year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment